Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Busy.

Last night I collapsed into bed at 2 a.m. after cleaning my entire house. I even cleaned the toy cabinet. This basically entailed organizing, and getting rid of garbage. I also put aside toys no longer being used - they'll find a new home at a thrift store. The toy cabinet is only done late at night, when the kids are deep in slumber's embrace. Otherwise, they'd have heart attacks. "What?! You're getting rid of that? It's my favorite!" (Nevermind the fact that they haven't played with it since the dark ages.)

One thing I realized, upon organizing the book shelf, is how many wonderful Jewish kids books I have. Tons. And a nice helping of "secular" books, too. Books about trains and helicopters and food, even one about snails ("Wow, look what interesting creatures Hashem made!").

I felt a pang of sadness. When was the last time I read to them? I'm so busy trying to keep up with dinner and laundry and brush your teeth please and dishes and I'll help you wipe and time to do carpool and feeding the baby and baking challah and doing homework. Whenever I do something it's always at the expense of something else! I don't even have the time to blog as much. There's things I've been wanting to write about that I just can't explore - no time. There's days I've wanted to discuss, but no time to do it.

Baruch Hashem.


4 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Seems you have a busy life maven. I work full time, have 3 kids but only one left at home (one in college, one graduated). It gets easier when the kids get older. But I must confess that I did not work when my kids were young. I didn't work for 13 years. I did earn money from home though. I was a professional calligrapher and then I sold on ebay for 6 years..so I was busy busy busy I suppose..lol. The point is..when you get that extra little time and you read to your kids, or connect with them some way, those are gifts..a gift for you and a gift for them. What is better than a gift??? Its an unexpected sweetness.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    my guilt actually led me to read to them this morning - 2 books. yay mommy maven! and you're right, it was a gift for all of us.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger n/a said…

    I find it easiest to read to my crew when I avoid things I hate. Like the $%#@! Berenstein $%#@! Bears.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Another great outing with the kids is taking them to the library. I just loveeee the library and the kids have so much to do there!~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com