Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Knock, Knock...

Tonight I was washing dishes when there was a knock at the door. I assumed it was a tzedoka collector, and peeked out the window.

Trick-or-treaters!

I opened the door and burst out laughing. I completely forgot it was halloween! Not that I would have done anything about it, had I remembered. Not only is it a "goyishe chag," it's completely rooted in paganism. Even the average American knows that.

I haven't experienced halloween in over 10 years, and I felt tickled by the children at my door. They held their sacks out expectantly. "Just a second," I said. What to give them? I scanned our nosh cabinet expectantly. Aha!

Shabbos lollies!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com