Tuesday, September 06, 2005
I'm a troll, again.

I'm still online. I should be sleeping, damn it.

I just thought of something: The fact that I think my life has been so bizarre. I mean, I look at many of my life experiences as unusual and intense. I feel like things have happened to me that are really, really, out of range. But then I thought; probably everybody has bizarre experiences in life. It's likely that lots of people look back and say "boy, I've had one heck of a strange life!" I guess what I am trying to say is that I'm probably not as exceptional as I think I am (are you listening, Miriam Adahan?).

Once, a good friend overheard a therapist saying that his job was simply "to change people's perspectives." Is that so true? (My friend said hearing that saved her thousands of dollars in therapy). I mean, I can sit here and think "gee, I've had lots of freaky life experiences. I'm a freakazoid." Or, I could think "We're all freakazoids!"

I feel so much better about myself now.


1 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nope, you're definitely a freakazoid. It's been confirmed by a panel of two. We know - because we're freakazoids ourselves.
    ;)
    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com