Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Chof-Dalet Teves

I have a cleaning lady who usually comes to me on Tuesdays. I work along with her, putting things away, folding laundry, yada yada.

Today, I took a little break. She was vacuuming, and I sat down to learn. I felt guilty sitting there while she cleaned. This is ridiculous, I thought. I'm paying her to clean, I can sit around and drink a margarita if I want.

Today is the Alter Rebbe's yahrzeit. Usually I make a little farbrengen with my kids on chassidisher yomim tovim. Today, I told them we are going to have pizza. A special treat for the Alter Rebbe's yahrzeit!
This makes NO SENSE - to go for pizza in honor of a man who said, "What is forbidden is forbidden, and what is permissible does not have to be done." So I guess we're going out for permissible pizza, which we really don't have to have. And we'll probably share an icee too.

L'chaim!



1 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gotta feed em somethin, y'know?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com