Friday, January 20, 2006
National Geographic!

We have not one, not two, not three, but FOUR cats hanging around our backyard. Interestingly enough, two black ones and two orange tabbies.

It all started last night, when Yaakov and I were putting the kids to bed. We heard the unmistakable sound of cat frenzy (and we smelled it, too).

This morning, when I took my kids into the backyard, there they were. At first I saw two blacks and a tabby, and then another tabby emerged onto the scene. I hear them now, wailing and yowling.

They are big and fat, they look well-fed for strays. We have a little opening under our house (that my landlady keeps saying she'll take care of) and I think they are using that as their love nest. I'm not sure how many of them are involved, one tabby is for sure a male. He seems pretty friendly with one of the blacks (presumably a female). I saw the male tabby fighting off the other black one, I guess that means the other black cat is a male too. The second tabby I'm not sure about. So we have a real soap opera happening.

I wonder if we'll see some kittens out of it?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com