Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Almost There!

It's really coming together. I just have a few more odds and ends to take care of before I crash out. I made 2 potato kugels tonight and boiled a bunch of eggs. I also planned a seder/yom tov menu:

- chopped (peelable!) endive with apples, carrots, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt
- avocado salad
- egg salad with olive oil and salt
- potato kugel
- chicken soup with chicken-egg-onion dumplings and egg "noodles" (thinly scrambled eggs cut into strips)
- some kind of chicken. I'm making 4 chickens for yom tov so I have no idea what I'm doing yet. Mango chicken might be one.
- sweet potato puffs with ground walnut, onion, and pineapple
- watermelon balls

I read a great recipe in the pesach cookbook about making ices using pineapple, banana, and lemon juice. Throw the fruits in the food processor, then stick it into plastic cups and freeze them.

I don't think I'm that ambitious.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com