Sunday, July 09, 2006
Constipated.

Step-shvigger did not come to Zalman's bris. She went to New York.

A little history: step-shvigger and daughter were emotionally estranged for 6+ months due to family drama. Step-shvigger comes to meet Zalman when he's 1 day old. Step-shvigger is reminded of her other grandson. Step-shvigger decides she MUST book a flight to see her daughter that very next weekend.

At first I was very graceful about it. I accepted that step-shvigger was operating from a place of pain. But as the days went by, I started to feel really upset. Six months she doesn't talk to her daughter, and all of a sudden she HAS to go the weekend of the bris?

A therapist once told me; if something painful comes up in a relationship - and gets "stuffed" for the sake of peace - the relationship gets constipated. That being said, neither myself nor Yaakov is willing to confront step-shvigger.

In other news, we got a check from the grandparents yesterday. I'm totally lame.


4 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    is it good to have a constipated relationship?? I am confused.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lets just say that my family puts the FUN back in disfunctional... ;)

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    LOLLLLLLLLLLL....I think mine is right up there with yours..Thank G-d my own little next is sooo soo functional..We actually like eachother:)))

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    NEST...not next

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com