Thursday, September 21, 2006


13 Things on my (Friday night) Rosh Hashana table:

1. round challahs
2. apples and honey
3. fish head
4. pomegranates and other weird "shechechiyanu" fruits
5. breaded gefilte fish
6. corn salad
7. green salad with strawberries, hearts of palm, and crunchy sprouties
8. beet salad with pumpkin and sesame seeds
9. matzo ball soup with noodles
10. raspberry chicken
11. candied carrots
12. kasha varnishkas
13. honey cake with icing (NOT making it myself, no no no.)


1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger torontopearl said…

    I just discovered your blog via you comment on someone else's, and looked through some of your earliest posts, too. You're very funny, and it's most interesting to see the world through your eyes.

    The beet salad sounds great, as does the rest of the Shabbos menu (I wrote some of my Yom Tov menu dishes in a post today too).

    I wish you and your family a good Yom Tov, a Good Shabbos and a wonderful New Year -- good health, happiness and shalom in your home and around the world.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com