Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Turkey day.

It's that time again. For the record, I'm not interested in this holiday. I make it for my grandparents, who won't come for a shabbos or yom tov meal. So they're coming with my great-aunt Sylvia, plus my mom and brother. And maybe Yaakov's parents. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm saving a handful of Jews from eating treif tomorrow (which is what they'd be doing if they weren't coming to me).

This year, I'm serving:

- 15 lb bird stuffed with vegetable kasha
- corn bread
- mashed potatoes (instant - very yummy with margarine)
- sweet potato "boats"
- corn (canned - too many dentures for "on the cob")
- cranberry sauce (from a can - nobody eats it anyway)
- a weight watchers pumpkin pie recipe
- a "happy 20th anniversary" cake, for my grandparents (courtesy of mom and her local kosher bakery)

Wishing y'all a good one.




My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com