Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Lo Aleinu.

Last night I went to a lecture about sexual abuse. It's a super high anxiety topic for me. Even blogging about it makes me anxious. But I learned some things that are so important, I wanted to share them.

#1 Talk to your children. Tell them their bodies are made in G-d's image and no one can touch them. Use age-appropriate language.

#2 Make your kids feel safe with you so they can speak to you about issues.

#3 If, G-d forbid, your child comes to you and tells you they're a victim, don't overreact, don't freak out, just be calm and take appropriate action. Tell the child how much you love her and IT'S NOT HER FAULT.

#4 With love and support, childhood victims can grow into healthy adults.

May G-d protect us all.



6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com