Thursday, April 26, 2007
Parents are People, too.

I read about this Alec Baldwin episode online. I heard about it on the radio. I feel sorry for him.

I do not condone what he said. I do not support how he spoke to his daughter. But is there any parent out there who hasn't made mistakes? Which parent isn't ashamed at how they've treated their children at one point or another? Who would want their worst parenting moments shared with the entire world?

Just tonight I was yelling at my children to get away from me (as I attempted to make shabbos dessert). A small voice whispered, you're not speaking nicely. And I didn't speak kindly to Chaya earlier, either. Yeah, I've been plenty mean. I'm not proud. I'm just human.

And so is Alec Baldwin.


1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with you, and it is unfortunate that someone (and I sincerely hope it was not his ex-wife) leaked the tape. HOWEVER. It is apparent that he and his ex are still angry with each other, as obvious in the fact that they are using access to this little girl as "bait" in their war. THAT IS NOT FAIR. If Alec has issues with how Kim is behaving, then he should have his lawyer draft a letter, and not leave a message that he knows will get to Kim. In my experience, parents at war tend to use their kids as a weapon, because hurting their kids is the most effective way to hurt each other. (As in, what hurts a mom the most? Seeing her child in pain. Same goes for dads). Of course, maybe I am just projecting my past onto this all to familiar story!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com