Thursday, April 26, 2007
Parents are People, too.

I read about this Alec Baldwin episode online. I heard about it on the radio. I feel sorry for him.

I do not condone what he said. I do not support how he spoke to his daughter. But is there any parent out there who hasn't made mistakes? Which parent isn't ashamed at how they've treated their children at one point or another? Who would want their worst parenting moments shared with the entire world?

Just tonight I was yelling at my children to get away from me (as I attempted to make shabbos dessert). A small voice whispered, you're not speaking nicely. And I didn't speak kindly to Chaya earlier, either. Yeah, I've been plenty mean. I'm not proud. I'm just human.

And so is Alec Baldwin.


5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com