Tuesday, January 31, 2006
But I'm not bitter...

I am freaking out right now. I have no idea how we are going to afford pesach. As I previously wrote, we do not use our credit cards. So putting pesach on plastic is non-optional. I know there is community assistance available, but I don't want to rely on that. I wish I started planning for pesach months ago.

Here's something that really ticks me off: my daughter's school has a scholarship dinner that costs 150.00 per person to attend, and you HAVE to buy tickets if you receive any tuition assistance. So we have a 300.00 check waiting to get cashed at the end of the month. Plus, you have to pay an additional 300.00 unless you sell 300.00 worth of ads for the scholarship dinner journal. Great, I stay home with 2 kids all day and I'm supposed to sell ads?
I'm not good at that sort of thing anyway. I mean, I guess I could be on the phone drumming up business right now (instead of complaining about it here). It makes no sense to me to charge 300.00 for dinner tickets - for families already receiving financial assistance! - and then charge another 300 for journal ads?!! I feel like this is extortion! Am I being ridiculous?

Plus, my husband's mother and her husband are coming in the day of the scholarship dinner, so we're paying 600.00 for an event that we probably won't attend.

If anyone wants to place a journal ad, email me.


1 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sorry, but please explain to me why they expect people who receive assistance to buy tickets that cost that much money? What is the reasoning?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com