Monday, March 06, 2006
What Have You Cleaned for Pesach Today?

That's the sign I want to put up on my front door. That's the thought that flashes - in neon red - through my brain.

Today Mrs. Stein had my kids, so I cleaned the front closet.
I figured it would take me about an hour, but that sucker took three (minus a 15 minute lunch break and 2 trips to the bathroom). I got rid of tons of old clothes and a huge wicker trunk. I vacuumed out jacket pockets and wiped down lots of spare computer parts (Why Yaakov insists on hanging on to 3 old lap-tops is beyond me). I found Chaya's pink sweater. I made room for the high chair Srulik is no longer using.

I followed the organizer's rule: If it's not used in a year's time, get rid of it.
I tried to get rid of an old (ripped) shabbos coat of Yaakov's, but he wouldn't let me.

He probably wants to wear it when he takes his lap-tops out to dinner.



2 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger S.I.L. said…

    "I followed the organizer's rule: If it's not used in a year's time, get rid of it. I tried to get rid of an old (ripped) shabbos coat of Yaakov's, but he wouldn't let me.

    He probably wants to wear it when he takes his lap-tops out to dinner."

    LOL!!!

    Can we have a support group for women whose husband's can't part with stuff???

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how bout...it's got a sentimental value? are men not permitted to have such feelings in this day and age? blah. so what if i'm a packrat, eventually everything comes to a good use!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com