Sunday, February 19, 2006
The In-Laws.

They're coming.

I have one week to make my house look
nice. I will have to clean the dirt off the fans. I will have to tidy the laundry room. I will have to make it look like 3 little kids don't live here.

They are flying on a shabbos. Yaakov will have to pick them up as soon as shabbos ends (which means my house cannot look like it did this motsei shabbos, like a tornado hit). I will have to wash the dishes ASAP and not save them for sunday. I will have to clean up the bathroom. I will have approximately 45 minutes from the time shabbos ends until they arrive (taking care of 3 kids and cleaning like a maniac).

They are going to be staying in the computer/guest room. Yaakov will have to organize all the computer gear in the closet, plus the stuff on top of the cabinet. I know you read my blog honey, so I'm telling you now: it needs to be done.

I really wish they weren't staying here.


2 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's my plan of action:
    1. Eat out shabbos day so the house is not so destroyed.
    2. Hire a babysitter for after lunch until your in-laws arrive. Let the babysitter take your kids to the park while you go home and "pick up from shabbos morning", and when it's time let her bring them home and play in the backyard.
    3. When shabbos is over, have her give the kids baths and pajamas while you do whatever else needs to be done around the house.

    The money spent on this is for your sanity. And maybe you can get a goya for shabbos day and that last hour of shabbos? That would help as well. Even $50-100 worth of help is worth the shalom bayis of your not being stressed out before you in-laws appear (and if your husband is reading this I'm sure he agrees).

    And I'm sure your in-laws know what it is to have 3 small children! I'm sure they don't expect perfection from the anxiety maven.

    the brooklyn crisis friend

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Michigan fans Nike Air Max 90 in Ann Arbor are in for a treat at the expense Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes of a fancy restaurant chain. Yesterday, fine-dining steak chain Ruth’s Chris nfl jerseys store posted a promotion on Facebook stating that for the NFL Jerseys rest of the season, fans in Ann Arbor will get a percentage discount off their bill equal Nike Roshe Run to the Michigan margin of cheap nfl jerseys victory (up wholesale nfl jerseys to 50 percent) of the prior game. It’s an innocent promotion to drive some traffic to a dining establishment that prices out a fair amount of Nike Free Run people.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com