Monday, July 24, 2006
The Cleaning Lady.

So "Adios" to Margarita and "Hello" to Lisbeth, the new cleaning lady. I called Margarita the other day and told her things were "too hectic" right now with the new baby, and maybe I'd call her after the summer. (I'm too much of a wuss to tell her all the things about her that drove me crazy, let alone to fire her.)

So Lisbeth is slower than Margarita, which is a bummer. But she speaks english, takes initiative, and seems to have more brains. I did see some things that didn't thrill me (like not cleaning behind the faucets in the bathroom sinks, and they get really gross). I'm reminded of what the Rebbe said about cleaning ladies (which he encouraged women to get). He said; "Don't look in the corners."

But regarding the sinks, I'll have to just tell her when I see her again. I'm afraid to be assertive with my cleaning help, but with this lady I want to kindly and firmly tell her what I need. I'm paying her, after all.

I feel bad about letting Margarita go, she's really nice and was very helpful before pesach. But lately she's been unreliable, and her stupidity was wearing me down.

In other news, I have an appointment with Dr. Gay tomorrow. I begged and pleaded with the office staff to move my appointment up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com