Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Hi, I'm Post-Partum.

I have this thing on my neck, a red blotch and it's spread a little. It itches like crazy and it hurts, too. The earliest appointment I could get with Dr. Gay is August 2nd. Bummer. The good news is, my sheitl covers it.

The nursing hurts a lot, I'm working hard on getting good latches. I'm sure this will pass.

Zalman looks plumper and juicier, such a change from the plucked-chicken newborn he was 2 weeks ago! I put him in the Baby Bjorn with his legs out for the first time this morning.

Srulik is still being obnoxious, but I'm trying to love him up (I could try harder). Rivky is being difficult, too. Chaya loves holding the baby and is a big help, although I think she forgets how fragile newborns are.

Yaakov, skip this part: I am weighing myself too frequently. My tummy looks like a puppy hanging off my body. I feel like a blob. Yaakov, DO NOT HIDE THE SCALE.

And to top it off, I haven't showered in 2 days.


3 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are doing G-d's work. Thank you.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger S.I.L. said…

    what? you're weighing yourself already??? What do you expect? Do not weigh yourself until 8 weeks. Do not try on your clothes.

    Are you using Lansinoh? Hang in there - the nursing straightens out. If he's gaining, you're doing great.

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please, hang in there. I refuse to weigh myself, and I have yet to have a child! Please hang in there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com