Sunday, July 30, 2006
The Real Jews?

There's a group out there called the Neturei Karta. They're religious Jews - chassidim - against zionism. There's a place for them, and I respect their viewpoint. What I don't respect is their "we're more Jewish than you" attitude. I have seen literature where they say things like, "REAL Jews don't support Israel." Well, what am I? A fake Jew? And what about that little Yiddle eating her bacon? She's not a real Jew? Jews who aren't as observant as you, who don't believe like you do, aren't for real? What kind of narrishkeit is THAT? And here's another thing I don't like about these guys: They kiss Palestinian tuchas. They have no problem marching right next to Palestinian flags, being the "real Jews" that they are. Marching next to the people who want Jews wiped off the planet. Anyway, here's a little clip of these guys, and a "fake" Jew who taunts them. They ask him, where's your tzitsis? Why don't you cover your head if you're a Jew? I hate that attitude. Let me tell you something, you Neturei Karta "chassidim." You know what the Ba'al Shem Tov preached? Ahavas Yisroel. That's right, buddy. LOVE YOUR FELLOW JEW. Including the one who's not wearing tzitsis.

(P.S. I love the "fake" Jew. Isn't he a riot? Okay - he needs to show some Ahavas Yisroel, too.)




4 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw Rabbi Weiss, the head of this organization on CNN the other night. He was so full of hatred and maliace toward all who did not believe in his view points. I would have to say he is part of the problem. I was embarassed for him and his followers because he came off looking crazier than the terrorists he supports. I think you are right, we need to love all Jews no matter what their affiliation is, and we need to pray that the madness stops on both sides of this conflict so people can live their lives.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    At least they know which way to hold the Palestinian flag. At the riots out here, they all had it upside down and backwards. Either way, it is still sad sad sad.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    these Natura Karta weirdos are worse than all that- they make a public chillul Hashem and in fact one their big "rabbonim" is paid top dollars by PLO for advising PLO in some way. Like the pig with cloven hooves, but treif treif treif- not chewing any cud.
    whole thing is totally wierd weird weird!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I agree. I am a Reform Jew. My sister is orthodox. We are both Jews. We have different ways to express our faith, but there is so much that is parallel.

    People who hate are people who hate. What is going on over there is just heartbreaking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com