Friday, December 29, 2006
Barenaked Ladies.

The Rebbe gave a sicha once explaining klipah.* Why is the Jew so attracted to it? The Rebbe explained that the klipah purposely makes itself appealing to the Jew. For when the Jew acknowledges the klipah, he gives it tremendous chayes**. The klipah then thrives on this holy Jewish energy.

Which leads me to my problem:

There's a strip gentleman's club on my route to school. I hate it. Why does it have to be there? (Well, where else could it be, considering the aforesaid?) Every day I try to ignore it. This, too, gives it chayes. Because I acknowledge it's even there.

Of course, the building is all dolled up. It has an electronic sign describing its famous bachelor parties. It has big balloons streaming from the roof (and, lately, Santa and his entourage). The kids all oooh and ahhh over it when we pass. They
fix their precious eyes on the lights and balloons, giving the klipah way more than it deserves. I hate that part the most.

I wish it would just go away.

* loosely translated as unholiness or evil.
** life-force


8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com