Thursday, May 17, 2007
Bookstore Delights!

I picked up the most amazing book for my dad tonight - it's a true story about a man who lost his vision at 3 years old. Well into adulthood, he has an amazing stem-cell surgery that restores his vision.

I got him the book for many reasons. One is that his best friend is blind. Another is because Dad's a voracious reader, and he loves non-fiction. And the bonus is, when I picked up the book I read that it's set in San Francisco (a city he loves and lived in for many years). So this book is great for Dad. But first, I'm reading it! I already started, and it's a total page-turner. I can't wait to get to the part where he starts seeing. What will that be like? How will he feel?

Here's Yaakov's father's day present. I noticed this book awhile ago and have been wanting to buy it ever since. I was so excited that I gave it to him as soon as I got home.

He's not the only nerd in the house...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com