Sunday, July 01, 2007
Ewwwww...

The folks who live diagonally behind us have two puppies, who are unfortunately allowed to run loose. They like us, and yip and yap all the time in front of our house. They're cute, in their dopey puppy way.

The puppies have had some close calls with traffic. Several times Yaakov has deposited them back over the fence. He even spoke to the neighbors, telling them it would be best to keep them in their yard.

WELL.

This past shabbos they got into one of the neighbors trash bags. They proceeded to tear it apart, spilling it's contents all over our yard. One of the items was a pair of bloody thong underwear. I can't make this stuff up, folks. Bloody. thong. underwear.

So today we were driving in the neighborhood, and I said, "let me knock on their door and talk to them." Yaakov pulled over. No answer. I decided to write a note:

Dear Neighbors,

Please keep your puppies enclosed in your yard. They opened a garbage bag and dumped its filthy, nasty contents all over our grass. If you do not keep them on your property, I will call animal control and report you. Consider yourself warned.

I didn't sign it, and I stuck it in their door. Maybe I should have left them the underwear as "Exhibit A."


10 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    EWWWWW!!!!!
    Thong story. A(n) (ex) friend of mine from NYC was visiting me here in Florida (Central). Her mother lives in Boca, and she was fighting with her, so she decided to drive North and see my home. She had forgotten to bring a change of clothes, so she asked if she could do a wash. My washing machine does not have a delicate cycle, so I told her she'd have to do a hand wash, but that she could use the dryer because it was new.
    She put her Dirty Thong Underwear on my Kitchen Table. EWWWW!!!
    That's why she's an ex-friend.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said…

    Interesting story, I can relate because I really hate it when puppies find my use of thongs in the garbage (how embarrassing). BTW JK I never through my thongs out!

    Seriously though that's certainly something which needs to be nipped in the bud so to speak because people me to control their animals. However I'm curious why an anonymous letter with what I consider to be a threat attached to it? Why not just politely explained the situation to someone there and give them a chance to correct the behavior before escalating things to the point of threatening to call the authorities? I know if it was me I would prefer to be dealt with directly and given a chance to not only apologize but fix the situation as well.

    Have these people cause problems in the past?

    Just curious

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tikkunger
    they're been alerted several times to the fact that their yard is insecure. i'm not looking to make friends with them, I just want them to control their dogs. if they dislike me because of a harshly worded letter, no love lost...

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger lxr23g56 said…

    I get you but now i am confused about who wrote this post above and the letter in the post? yaakov? maven?

    not that it matters, again just curious.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    *i* wrote the letter, and i also considered it mildly threatening. but i wasn't threatening to kill them, chas v'shalom. i was just threatening to report them to animal control.

    (bloody! thong! underwear!)

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    p.s. i would have gladly spoken to them if somebody was home...

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger lxr23g56 said…

    Yes i got the part about the BLOODY! THONG! UNDERWEAR! LOL!

    Thanks for clarifying the who's who stuff for me!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    you know, i think i just used that horribal trifecta again because i wanted to emphasize the grossness. i think if it was just regular garbage, i might have left a nicer note. in retrospect, i probably should have anyway.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    I think that was such strong evidence, a little tackfulness would have balanced it out. A threat can make them angrier than they are embarrassed. A nice note would have humiliated them.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Anonymous said…

    tactfulness (sorry for that typo)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com