Sunday, September 23, 2007
Ego.

After teaching today, I tripped and fell. Right in front of three guys who were building the hebrew school's sukkah. I was in terrible pain. I wanted to stay on the ground and cry, but I couldn't - too embarrassed. I couldn't let them see my pain and suffering. I got up right away. "I'm okay," I laughed nervously, feeling like a total moron. Meanwhile, I scraped up my left knee, my right elbow, and both hands.

Would it have been so bad to just lay there and cry?


6 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, what are we proving when we brush off the pain?

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, what are we proving when we brush off the pain?

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Ayelet Survivor said…

    What hurt more, your knee or your pride?

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Maven said…

    well, when it first happened it was my pride. now it's my knee. arnica, arnica, arnica.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Mrs Andy said…

    That sounds like something that would happen to me, except in my case, I'm sure my dress would have flipped up above my head making the whole thing that much more embarassing! Sorry you fell, hope nothing broke! :)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Bas~Melech said…

    I always kind of wonder that... why am I always so quick to say, "No, really, I'm OK!" and only a minute later realize that I can barely move...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com