Thursday, September 06, 2007
Being Grateful.

The whole situation with Ruchama Aliza Sara Chana really takes me places. She's still on life support, brain dead. A couple of weeks ago, she was a happy, healthy, little girl. Now, the hospital wants to disconnect her.

Srulik is another example. His prognosis is good, but we don't know what the future holds. Is it possible he could have another seizure? Chas v'shalom! But I have to make room in my heart to acknowledge the possibility. And I have to appreciate the health he has right now.

I am learning to be grateful for the simple things. The rocking chair I love so much, The supper I put on the table tonight. Baruch Hashem! I have so much. I have 4 beautiful children, a nice husband, we're all relatively healthy. I'm blessed to be a stay-at-home mom.

The other day we went to give our stale challah to the duckies. I had such delight watching my kids and those ducks. I stood there and experienced the moment. This is it, I realized. Here and now. Kids. Ducks. Laughter. And that's really how it all is. Each moment is all we've got. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? So for today, I'm trying to love with all my heart. I'm trying to be grateful for it all.

Thank you, G-d.


2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Ayelet Survivor said…

    It's always hard to keep reminding yourself of what you have when what you don't is always so glaring, but kol hakavod to you! I also love doing simple things with kids -- they bring so much joy and enthusiasm.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Dinosaur Mom said…

    Amen to that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com