Friday, January 18, 2008
Still here...

Yaakov has been working late into the night and I am busy all day long. I haven't gotten the chance to blog, or sort out my thoughts coherently. Ironically enough, I'm blogging now (erev shabbos!), when I have so much to do.

We've had a lot of health issues in the Maven home, including another case of the infamous "poops." We have a scarier issue, but I'm not ready to write about it yet. Maybe when things are all clear, I'll feel comfortable sharing.


Chess wizard Bobby Fischer died. He was Jewish, a fact he never consciously internalized. Of course, his soul knew, and likely cringed every time Bobby spewed his anti-semitic garbage. Now his soul is free from the body that refused to acknowledge it. Mazal tov to the neshoma of Bobby Fisher!

The presidential race rages on, a source of great entertainment. If I had a TV, I'd be glued to it. I have to read and watch political clips online. One of you commented about Ron Paul, how he's supported by white supremacists. I have read more about this, and find it intriguing. (I heard David Duke called him "his god.") Ron Paul is radical, and I think he appeals to their radical weirdness. Of course, he has people of all colors and beliefs supporting him. He won't win, anyway. I heard a political commentator call him "the weird uncle who needs medication," and I think that's comically accurate. By the way, am I the only one who thinks Mike Huckabee looks like Richard Nixon?


Our health insurance has been going through all kinds of craziness. First, Yaakov's work tells him they are switching to insurance x as of January 1st. Then they switch to insurance y, only to give us our paperwork 12 days into the year. Then they tell us they are, in fact, switching to insurance x, and then send us a new policy from insurance y! Needless to say, this is frustrating. Yaakov says the people handling the health insurance are retarded.


My brother is living in Jerusalem with his long-time American girlfriend. They went to some protest rallies when President Bush was visiting. It's amazing hearing about his life and seeing the pictures. I miss them both.

On Monday, my kids start a week of school vacation. I both dread and anticipate this.

Anyway, I hope you're all well out there. I wish you a gut shabbos and a great weekend!


7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com