Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Dad

What, you think I became an Anxiety Maven for nothing? It's genetic! My father has been struggling with being bi-polar/anxious forever.

He was supposed to come 6 months ago.
He was supposed to come 3 months ago.
He was supposed to come tomorrow.

Anxiety. It's a killer. I only have rachmanous on my father, and I love him very much. The first time I told my kids he was coming, they flipped out. They adore him, and rightfully so. He canceled. I told the kids he got sick. We made cards. The second time I told the kids he was coming, again they flipped out. He canceled.
I told the kids he got sick. We made cards. The third time, I didn't say a word. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. So when he called today to drop the bomb, I was cool about it. It was a bummer, but I was ready. "Take care of yourself, Dad," I said, before we hung up.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com