Friday, August 26, 2005
Rain, rain, go away.

It's been raining hard by me. Really hard. We lost power yesterday afternoon. My challah dough was rising, when all of a sudden, *blink!* no more power. I shaped the dough and put it in the freezer, hoping that the freezer would work until today. Baruch Hashem, Mrs. Stein got power this morning, so I baked my challah by her. Yaakov is gonna fire up the barbecue and cook our shabbos chicken. I managed to bake brownies yesterday, so we have dessert too. Another friend in the neighborhood is going to give me some kugel and gefilte fish. We bought cold cuts for shabbos lunch, so we're set. It will be a lovely, simple shabbos. I joked with Yaakov and told him it was gonna be like "shabbos in the shtetl." When the candles burn out, that's all folks! Some people in my neighborhood have power, and some don't. The guy who mamesh lives right across the street from me does, so we have an extension cord running from his house to ours. That's keeping our refrigerator going. It's got just enough energy to do that, not enough to run our A/C (boo-hoo) or anything else. It's pretty hot in our house, we all have that "not-so-fresh" feeling. I came to my mom's house to do laundry (and blog) and get my kids out of the house. Yaakov stayed home to clean up all the storm debris (like our sukkah that collapsed). Last time we lost power we were stuck for 5 days. 5 DAYS!!! Ah well. This should be the worst of our problems. Shabbat Shalom.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com