Tuesday, December 27, 2005
The Year in Pictures:

At the end of the year, MSNBC.com posts their annual slide show:

A screaming daughter sitting next to her dead Iraqi father, shot by unknown gunmen.

A U.S. soldier cradling a bloody child, fatally wounded by a car bomb. I am sobbing anew just writing about it.

A child screaming after her parents were killed by U.S. soldiers, for failing to stop at a military checkpoint. All 5 children survived.

A small child, body ravaged by famine, in a Nigerian clinic.

A nine year old Pakistani screaming in pain, as his amputated arm is treated.

A pair of small, dusty hands, peeking out of the rubble. Another victim of Pakistan's earthquake.

As a Jew, I believe that G-d runs every minute detail of this world. I don't believe in random coincidences. So time and again I can't help but cry, "Why, G-d? Why do You do what You do?"

I can't get those images out of my mind.



7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com