Tuesday, May 16, 2006
News Flash:

We're expecting another kid - in about a month, B'ezras Hashem.

Since today is Lag B'Omer - a most auspicious day - I decided to finally share the news. There have been many times I've wanted to blog about it.

Like when I was in my first trimester after Hurricane Wilma, nauseous in my hot house with no power for 15 days.

And when I had major insurance hassles trying to secure a midwife. I'm still having them.

Or when I had the concussion - and lived with a non-stop headache for a week - because I try not to medicate during pregnancy.

When a midwifery student, trying to draw blood, failed. Twice.


When my primary care physician wouldn't help me when I had pink-eye, because "I don't treat pregnant women."

Or when Srulik - during my 6th month - jumped from the top of the couch right onto my big belly. I cried. A lot. I called my midwife. On shabbos.

And when my dad spoke to a Chinese astrologer and was told; "She's definitely having a BOY!"

When I got a message from the frum maternity store that: "an anonymous friend who really loves you" left me a 100.00 gift certificate.

When I was on my hands and knees, cleaning for pesach, 7 1/2 months pregnant.

And all of my fun visits to the midwife, Srulik and Rivky in tow. Srulik is in total awe of the Doppler machine.

Or how - at my last trip to the pediatrician - the only stickers they had left for the kids said, "I have a new baby brother!"

For all the times I've moaned and groaned (and blogged) about the 3 blessings I already have...

And the fact that this pregnancy has been one giant acne crisis.

So now you know. B'sha'ah Tova.


5 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger S.I.L. said…

    bsha'ah tovah!

    May everything go healthily, easily and happily.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Thanks for sharing all those "whens..." Now you can share openly!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are such a good secret keeper! You must be exhausted...But I know that this will be a blessing...

    Mazel tov.

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    bsa'ah tova

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger shy_smiley said…

    well well! Congratulations. Though I never intend to have more children myself I'm fascinated by blogs documenting pregnancies. Now I'm going back through your entries with a Sixth Sense sort of spoiler knowledge, looking for the little things that clued us in but didn't give it away. You're amazing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com