Monday, September 25, 2006
One more thing.

I know I said I didn't feel connected to Rosh Hashana. The fact is, it's my fault. I did not make keilim (vessels) for it. I remember learning once that the energy of the yomim tovim is kind of like packages at a post office. They're waiting for you, but you have to pick them up. A brand new energy was permeating the universe on Rosh Hashana, but I didn't check my p.o. box. If I had da'avened or learned instead of being a bum, I might have received my mail!

As Yaakov likes to say, "If G-d feels far away, who moved?"


2 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Dovid said…

    Hey there. Just want to let you know that I quoted your little post about where you left your heart, soul, and cell-phone, in the comments to my latest post, with a link back here. I really loved it. Gmar chasima tova.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I like this post. Particularly this: "If G-d feels far away, who moved?" Good stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com