Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Not Fun.

Yaakov left to New York this morning on business. So it's Mommy Maven vs. The Fab Four until Friday afternoon.

Remember yesterday I wrote about fun? Well, today was not fun. Zalman wants to be held all. the. time. I don't know if it's a growth spurt or what, but if I put him down for more than 5 minutes, he's wailing. Tonight I did everything I could while holding him. I made dinner, did homework, you name it. I put off showering the other 3 until he fell asleep. And the second he fell asleep, I hustled.

So they're in the shower, and Chaya gets done first. I told her to go put on her nightgown. She returned with grim news: Zalman woke up. And was screaming. What was I supposed to do? I went really fast. When Rivky and Srulik were through, I ran into their room to dress them. Srulik has this whole schtick that he likes to pish on the floor (or bed), so I was desperately trying to diaper him. I asked him several times (nicely!) to get onto the changing table. He ignored me. Then I started raving like a lunatic. Rivky was rolled up in her towel on the floor, and only emerged when I started yelling at her. Zalman was screaming all the while. I was so frantic over his crying and my kids' lack of co-operation, that I yelled myself into a sore throat. Believe me, I'm not proud.

I still have to sit down and do Hebrew homework with Chaya, but all I want to do is have a drink. And if I had a cigarette, I'd smoke, too.


1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    this post started me thinking Maven..and I posted on my blog about this. Just reading your post made me sweat..lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com