Sunday, December 31, 2006
Random.

So I'm driving to mom's house today and I see all these flags at half-mast. Who are those for? I wondered. James Brown? Saddam? And then I remembered President Ford.

Speaking of Saddam's death, I saw a slide show available on MSNBC (did NOT click on it). I saw a picture of Saddam + noose on the cover of a paper at mom's. I'm sure it's on TV, too. I mean, c'mon people. I must say, I got a small measure of satisfaction over reports of his defiance. I'm no fan of Saddam Hussein, but it's a drag they turned his death into a media carnival. I'm glad he was belligerent 'til the end.

In other random news, the kids all wanted to go outside the other day. They started running out, and I yelled, "Wait! We'll all go out together!" Then I belted out "Yes, we will allllllllll go ouuuuuuut together..." (a la Billy Joel's "Goodnight Saigon.") I felt like such a cool ba'al teshuva mom, but nobody was around to hear me. At least, nobody who'd get the joke.

Today I took the kids to Publix, and they needed to use the bathroom. With Zalman in my hip carrier, I proceeded to use the potty, too. I'm usually very successful with the toilet/baby maneuver, but not this time. My skirt got in the pishy toilet. So fun.

And speaking of Zalman, he's 6 months old and on the verge of crawling. He rocks on his hands and knees and sorta swims around the room. He makes all these great squealing noises. Yaakov noted that he sounded like the whale mothership from Star Trek IV. I agreed. When I took him to the pediatrician, the doctor asked me what kinds of sounds he was making. I gave him Yaakov's assessment. "Really?" he said. "I like Star Trek, but I never saw that one. Then he proceeded to make all kinds of whale sounds at the baby. I love
him.

I have guests coming (in t-minus 10 days) and I haven't done much. I did try to buy towels at Wal-Mart for them. They were very soft - Egyptian cotton. I put them in the washing machine and one of them shedded (shed?). The moral of the story? Caveat Emptor - at least, at Wal-Mart.

Wishing y'all a great 2007.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home