Tuesday, January 02, 2007
I HATE MORNINGS!

Every morning, from the second I emerge from my room, I am bombarded. Srulik tantrums. "Mommy! Get me dressed!" I tell him, gently, that if he wants mommy to dress him, he needs to wait. He continues to scream. Meanwhile, I have to hustle Chaya and Rivky out the door for school.

Rivky is a dawdler (slow to adapt?). She wakes up and lolls around in bed. "Rivky! You're going to miss your ride!" The pressure mounts. Every few minutes I pop in and remind her the clock is ticking (a love and logic no-no). One time she's sitting on the floor contemplating her navel. The next time she's standing on her bed staring at her aleph-beis poster.

Srulik is screaming his head off and I finally decide I'm going to get him dressed. This would be fine, if he wasn't doing his dance routines. Zalman starts wailing, and Srulik is fox-trotting between tzitsis and shirt. I was ready to abandon him and rescue the baby, but that would make everything much worse. Srulik, in a jealous rage, would start screaming anew. I preferred listening to Zalman.

(Despite the morning-madness I have made two breakfasts and one lunch.)


I finished dressing Srulik and ran to prepare baby food for Zalman. He's screaming like a lunatic in his exersaucer. I finally put my hands on my head and Tarzan-roared; "I can't do everydamnthing!!!" I immediately felt ashamed.

Rivky missed her ride. (I am trying to figure out logical consequences). Meanwhile, I have abandoned everything to sit down and write this sorry story. The baby is content on the floor now and Srulik and Rivky are drawing. To salvage my self-esteem, I did have ONE shining mommy moment: Chaya stuck her tongue out out me. My index finger whipped out for an angry lecture, but instead I stuck my tongue out at her and tickled her.


4 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger S.I.L. said…

    I am thinking of having my kids sleep in their clothes for the next day. That would really make mornigns more relaxing.

    By the way, Love and Logic would say that she would have to get in the car with her ride in pj's or whatever she was wearing. That would be very embaressing. It would probably cure the immediate problem, but your daughter could develop other problems instead.

    I'm startign to realize that L and L, although it does make parenting much easier, is not so great for every kid.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    lol..I would have a nervous breakdown for sure...so nice that my middle one is 20 today! btw..12.16pm and shes still sleeping..but let her sleep, school starts again soon:)
    Happy New Year Maven..never lose your sense of humor!

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger yingerman said…

    WOW
    I'm impressed
    How 'bout they just sleep in their school clothes?
    You just throw 'em on the bus groggy with food in their briefcase!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Dinosaur Mom said…

    Preparing food the night before helps. I have also found that physically dislodging them from their beds and depriving them of entertainment or food until clothes are on helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com