Thursday, March 15, 2007
Yesterday...

I went to the bank to open accounts for the kids. Thank G-d I only had Rivky, because it took a reallllllly long time. If I had the whole gang, they would have gotten restless and wild. As it was, Rivky was dancing around the place.

So I'm sitting there watching their TV. CNN was showing footage of a poor 101-year-old lady who got beat up by a mugger. They showed it over and over again. I couldn't help but wonder if CNN liked showing this footage, or if they thought John Q. Public enjoyed watching it. Anyway, seeing that made me glad - once again - that I don't own a TV.

Then I saw a clip about a medical marijuana case. I strained to listen. The court decided that a terminally ill woman, whose doctor said her life depended on
it, could not use marijuana. It is legal to medically prescribe cocaine and morphine, but you can't smoke a joint. Is it me, or is this totally retarded?

I finally got to a bank person (after waiting an hour). His name was Shabbar and he was from India. He was telling me the benefits of opening one kind of account versus another, and I had a hard time understanding him due to his thick accent. I finally decided on the accounts to open, yet when we started he said, "Oh no, we can't do it this way because..."

Aaaaarghhhh!!! I wanted to bang my head against the wall. He was so hard to understand, and was taking so long. By the grace of G-d, my cell phone rang. I was so excited! Someone was saving me! It was a buddy in Brooklyn, calling to tell me she was genetically compatible with the man she's been happily dating. I was so excited for her, I wanted to jump and shout. But since it was me and Shabbar, I contained myself.

I finally left the bank, picked up the kids, and we went for pizza. Then off to the library! We had a really good time. The best part was their books-for-sale section - 5 great books for a dollar! One was even about the space shuttle!


1 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's not just you...I saw an article about that woman as well. It's pretty upsetting...people can get away with exposing CIA operatives but a dying woman can't smoke marijuana to maintain some comfort. Huh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com