Sunday, March 11, 2007
Bli Ayin Hara!

So I didn't tell you how much the eye drops cost - $76.99. For one ounce. We did not buy them. I've continued using the Neosporin. (Just so you don't think I'm totally retarded, I was prescribed erythromyacin eye ointment in a petroleum base when I was pregnant.)

Anyway, Srulik has a fever. I came up with the brilliant idea to take him to the doctor, so I could mooch eye drop samples off them. I never take kids to the doctor for just fevers, but I had ulterior motives.

Wouldn't you know it, Srulik was just fine. But no eye drops. The doctor did write me a prescription for cheaper ones, though. We were just about to get in the car when my cell phone rang. I looked at the number. Brooklyn. "Hello?" An old man's voice answered me, "Hello this is the Rav..."

Oh. My. God.

I had my whole phone conversation plotted out. I was going to be holding Yaakov's hand, and I was going to ask the rav my scary pesach sha'aleh, the one that has caused me no end of grief and anxiety. But he was calling me in front of the pediatricians' office. I couldn't hold Yaakov's hand. I had to be a big girl, and talk to him all by myself.

Meanwhile, I could barely hear him, so I ducked into TJ Maxx. I started my conversation near the Ralph Lauren luggage, fighting to hear him over the cheesy soft-pop. I meandered my way into purses, and then blouses. He told me not to worry, that everything was fine. "
Ain simcha kehatarat hasefekot" - There is no greater joy than the resolution of doubt.

The second eye drops cost $6.85, so between that and the pediatrician we spent about $22.00. All that AND I got my question answered!

What more could an Anxiety Maven want?


1 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just keep on the lookout with a "good eye"... also just a quick review of the basics:
    dirt is not chometz!
    your kids are not the Korbon Pesach!
    your husband is not the korbon Pesach!
    You Are Not A Shmatta!!!!
    YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF YOUR HOME!
    if you make the true and sincere effort to expulge the chometz- you are yotzie by Kol Chamira- and anything that might be Chas'v Shalom leftover is to be considered NULL AND VOID!!!
    LOVE YOU!
    Thank you for the trip to the museum of natural history all those years ago- and then the chicken dinner that night when my hubby and I were stranded with not even one kosher for Pesach thing in our house to eat!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com