Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Spies. K-Mart. Cellphone.

I called a friend today and her husband answered: "We were watching you last night." A wave of paranoia swept through me, as I tried to figure out what I got caught doing. Smoking? Researching Carl Sagan online? "You were in our wedding video." Oh. not as exciting as smoking, I guess. Or Carl Sagan. Or smoking with Carl Sagan.

Today in K-Mart I had a bad experience on line. When does that not happen to me at K-Mart? I think it's mandatory that their cashiers are given downers before they start their shifts. They're slow as molasses, and rude. And my kids were going bananas, too. Plus, I held up the line trying to convince her that my items were on sale.

Yaakov's cell phone got waterlogged and it stopped working. He put it in the oven to dry it out. I'm not kidding. Do not try this at home. Do not pass go. Do not collect two hundred dollars. Do not put your cell phone in the oven at 170 degrees for half an hour. (The weirdest thing is, it worked!) Paging all engineering drop-outs: your Nerd Overlord has arrived.


13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com