Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Kiss us, we're Jewish.

We went to Dr. F today.

This was my first time meeting him. He has a Spanish name but he looks Asian, which was interesting.

Dr. F asked Srulik to open his mouth, and Srulik unleashed his tongue like a liberated gargoyle. "Did you know Gene Simmons was your patient?" I joked. "Yeah, I heard a few of the guys in KISS were Jewish," Yaakov rejoined. "I didn't know you guys were KISS fans," he said. "Why do you think my husband always wears black and white? It's in perpetual homage to them." "Are you guys orthodox?" (gee, how could you tell?) "Yes." "Well, I sorta have a Jewish home." he said. We didn't follow up on that one, but we were curious.

He basically said that the prognosis seemed good. Srulik hasn't regressed, and he hasn't had another seizure. So that's good. Of course, the EEG still shows occipital abnormality, so we can't be sure what the future holds. We just have to keep an eye on him. If he has another seizure, he wants him on medication.

We told him we were disappointed that it took so long to return our calls. He blamed his faulty secretary, whom he has since let go of. I don't think that's true, but whatever. Things are stable, so I'm not overly concerned. We may get a second opinion in the future, but it doesn't seem necessary right now.

p.s. We're not really KISS fans. No, really.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com