Thursday, October 18, 2007
I am mad...

...at Rivky's teachers, who just sent a note home this afternoon that she's the "shabbos mommy" tomorrow (we need to provide snack for 30 kids).

...at my oven, for ruining dinner last night. We didn't have more food in the house and I was too tired to be creative. Sixty bucks for Chinese.

...at this stupid rental house. I'm trying to be grateful. I'm trying to count my blessings. But it's so. damn. ugly. There's termites. And baby lizards. And it's all carpeted (even underneath the dining room table, need I say more).

...at the fact that I had to pay $3.39 for a 17oz box of heimishe bran flakes because my Zalman is constipated and needs fiber.

...at the jerks who broke into my brother's car and stole his clothes forcryingoutloud!

...at the lady who called before and put me in an awkward position.

The good news is, Chinese fortunes are getting better:

"Sift through your past to get a better idea of the present."

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not getting talked about." (I disagree)

"Every day in your life is a special occasion."

And, my favorite;

"Today is an ideal time to water your personal garden."


2 Comments:

  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I love "Sift through your past to get a better idea of the present."

    Lizards? Yikes. I wouldn't be able to ever fall asleep.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Dinosaur Mom said…

    My fortune cookie today said I would be fortunate in everything. Halevai.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com