Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Life with kids!

Rivky accidentally locked herself in the house this afternoon. We were all outside in the backyard, and she went in to use the bathroom. Somehow she managed to lock the back door, and then couldn't open it again. The front door was locked too, so we were really stuck! She was on one side of the door screaming and crying, and I was on the other side trying to tell her how to open the lock. It was a tense exchange. The back door is located in our hotbox of a laundry room, so when she couldn't open the lock, I told her to get out. Not only is it a zillion degrees in there, but that's where we keep the chemicals. So the Anxiety Maven was kicking in on top of everything else! She got out of the laundry room and went into the play room, where she sobbed behind the window and asked why she couldn't come out. My heart was mamesh breaking for her. Finally, Yaakov - my hero! - came home and rescued all of us.

I really need to give a spare key to Mrs. Stein.


1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger shy_smiley said…

    in response to your earlier entry: don't stop blogging! I've been reading your blog since I stumbled on it randomly a week or so ago. I enjoy reading about your life. I don't know much of your terminology, but I'm learning.

    I'm 34, live in Tucson, have a 4-year-old son. Married for 11 years. Episcopalian. Recently left my job to pursue a teaching certificate. I lead a basic, whitebread American existence and I love blogging because it puts you in touch with people you may not have met in your own life.

    In response to your current entry, I hope Rivky didn't suffer too much trauma. I've been on the outside of a locked sliding-glass door but was able to guide my son through unlocking it (after all, he was already interested in exploring the mechanism!). And I was a bit relieved when he learned how to undo the car safety belt. If he ever gets locked in the car I think I'd be able to talk him through unlocking the doors. Of course, the possibility exists that he might figure out how to put the key in the ignition and the car in gear and where would I be then?

    Anyway, take your readership and increase it by one. I like your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com