Tuesday, September 13, 2005
The "S" word

Lately I've been using it. It's not like me to have a potty mouth, not at all. But for the past couple of days, the "s" word has escaped my lips. There's something about its taboo, salty flavor that really conveys my disappointment (much more than my ususal "gee whiz"). Yesterday, a friend called me to tell me a kid in our neighborhood was being hospitalized. A perfect "s" word occasion! Today, a friend called me with more bad news. Again the "s" word emerged.

But this time, it was in front of Rivky. I don't think she noticed at all, she was busy eating frozen french fries. But, oy, the guilt! (Like I don't already have enough?)

Guess what? No more "s" word for Mommy Maven.


1 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Karl said…

    Not that I have much experience, just that kids absorb EVERYTHING. What you say, what you do, how, when and even why.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com