Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Saving the Princess...

My kids and their father have a minhag. Every night before the kids go to bed, they play a couple of rounds of nintendo together (usually Super Mario Brothers). I used to object to this - quite strenuously, in fact - but then I got over it. This is harmless, fun time that they have with their father. They all enjoy it. The computer is in our "guest room", so last night I was laying on the bed watching them. Then I fell asleep.

I had a very strange dream. I was in the mall with an acquaintance from the neighborhood, and she turned to me and said, "I want you to marry my son." (Never mind that her son is only 2, and I'm already married.) She continued, "I want to buy you a pair of earrings to seal the engagement, but I only have 10 dollars." No problem, I thought, 10 bucks can get some pretty cute earrings. So we went into this store that sold dragons and black lights and heavy metal posters (and earrings). Who's working the register? My rav, Rabbi Plony! He approved of the engagement. I was just at the part of the dream where I was going to ask if I could buy a bracelet instead, since I found one I really liked. It cost 16.99, but I figured I'd chip in the rest. Then I woke up.

I can't help but wonder if Mario made me dream this.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com