Friday, October 14, 2005
Holding My Breath.

I just emailed a Rabbi whom I greatly respect. He is a powerhouse of Chassidus, and he is also a writer. He has no idea who I am.

I told him about my blog. That I'm afraid it's turning me into an egomaniac. I asked him if it's appropriate - as a religious Jewish woman - to write my private thoughts to the whole online universe.

I told him that I write a lot about G-d. That I write about my struggles.

I told him that it's been therapeutic for me. That Yaakov knows about it. That I write anonymously.

I told him I'd hit the delete key if he thought it would be best.



2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger shy_smiley said…

    sounds like you're having a rough couple of days. I don't know much about Yom Kippur but I certainly feel how disappointed you are.

    I'm an Episcopalian learning to accept G-d and Jesus as the ruling factors of my life. I still struggle with it daily, but privately. It's been helpful to me to read about your struggles, too, though you and I practice completely different religious backgrounds. I've come to admire your vulnerability and your strength; how those opposing qualities coexist within a complex personality.

    I hope you don't stop blogging. But I understand your reasons if you do. I hope your decision brings you peace.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger n/a said…

    Yeah, ditto from the imperfect Catholic. This will probably make you more likely to ditch the blog than less, since I realize we're not the intended audience and no spiritual advisor in his right mind would suggest that you need positive reinforcement from my worldly self, but I feel like you help me stay more mindful of the Lord.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com