Tuesday, November 15, 2005
A bad day at the Big K.

K-Mart. There must be a hiring policy there - IQ higher than 80, no dice.

Yaakov found this great deal on a certain swingset model, and sent me over there to try and find it.

I spoke to 3 employees and got three different answers, in combinations of both wrong and unhelpful. I was even directed to the manager, also amazingly unhelpful!

I had all my kids with me, all interested in everything, in all different directions. Every time I run errands with everyone I remind myself, "Do I want to be committed to an institution, or do I want to go shopping now?"

I didn't find the swingset, but I got 2 boardgames and some other needed things. The line was slow as molasses. While I was dealing with the cashier, Srulik discovered a Three Musketeers bar. He didn't quite get the wrapper open, he just kinda suctioned a little out of it. I was horrified. "NO!" I said, "NOT KOSHER!" I can't even get into how badly I feel about that.

Send in the men with the white coats. I'm ready.


1 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Give yourself some solace. It's OU-D, which while it is still not cholov yisroel, it's kosher, just not the kosher you're holding at. It's not trayf mamash. Can you imagine how much anxiety you would have had if he was sucking on a lobster or a ham sandwich?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com