Tuesday, November 08, 2005
No News is Good News?

A couple of weeks ago (or thereabouts) I blogged about emailing a particular rabbi, asking him whether or not blogging was appropriate for me.

I have yet to hear back from him.

I spoke to a good friend in the Brooklyn Ghetto, and she told me she felt it's okay to blog. I told her it made me feel a little "yeish" (ego-centered). She told me she felt the blog elevated the yeishus. Like, everybody has that little part of themselves that craves attention and wants to be validated. So if I put my voice out there as a Jewish woman, writing about G-d and my life, then maybe that elevates the Ego Maven. And it channels that part of me in a healthy way, b'ezras Hashem.

Because as much as I want to say "it's all me," the truth is that it's all G-d.


6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com