Tuesday, November 08, 2005
No News is Good News?

A couple of weeks ago (or thereabouts) I blogged about emailing a particular rabbi, asking him whether or not blogging was appropriate for me.

I have yet to hear back from him.

I spoke to a good friend in the Brooklyn Ghetto, and she told me she felt it's okay to blog. I told her it made me feel a little "yeish" (ego-centered). She told me she felt the blog elevated the yeishus. Like, everybody has that little part of themselves that craves attention and wants to be validated. So if I put my voice out there as a Jewish woman, writing about G-d and my life, then maybe that elevates the Ego Maven. And it channels that part of me in a healthy way, b'ezras Hashem.

Because as much as I want to say "it's all me," the truth is that it's all G-d.


2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger n/a said…

    Maven, very glad to see you back and hear that your living conditions have improved.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Philly Farmgirl said…

    Glad you power is back on! As far as blogging goes, I have thought about this too. Some days I have more time than others and some times I get lost here. I get to wandering about and have so many nice visits I lose track of time. Not good for this Imma so I try to limit myself and just visit those folks I know will lift me up and post that which I hope will help others. I think it is a good outlet and I will tell you what, I have made some lovely connections out there with some really beautiful people...like you for example. Keep on blogging, who knows, something one of us says or does may be just the thing that brings Moschiach and the complete redemption, may it be speedily in our time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com