Monday, November 14, 2005
I never said I was a victim of circumstance...

So I had the rare opportunity to be a) by myself and b) in the car when I discovered "Movin' Out Mondays" - back to back Billy Joel tunes on a local classic rock station.

OH MAN.

I love Billy Joel. I realized I was driving 20 miles an hour so I could keep rockin.

I don't need you to worry for me 'cause I'm all right
(not listening to Mighty Mitzvah Kids)
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
(
not harrassing Rivky to keep arms in car seat)
I don't care what you say anymore, this is MY LIFE
(not in mommy mode right now)
Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone!

I was plastered to my car another time, a few months ago, when "Only the Good Die Young" came on. Billy Joel rocks.

Then I thought of a friend I haven't spoken to in awhile, who also likes Billy Joel. I felt sad.

Sooner or later it comes down to fate.


6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com