Sunday, April 23, 2006
Refrigerator Feng Shui:

For pesach, we cleaned the refrigerator. All the magnets and stuff got stashed away. I just put some of it back up tonight.

Winners from the post-pesach fridge-a-thon:

- A rebbe magnet that has the opening of Ha Yom Yom on it.
- An R2D2 magnet
- A magnet with the names and phone numbers for the Brooklyn Ghetto Beis Din
- A picture of Yaakov with Breslov band Simply Tsfat (he gigged with them)
- A picture of Yaakov with Israeli musician Aaron Raizel (another gig)
- An artsy, blue picture of the rebbe's face hovering over the beis hamikdash, with energy lines radiating out of his head. It sounds weird. Maybe it is.
- A Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. Calvin is having a tantrum saying he hates everybody, and then says, "Nobody recognizes my hints to smother me with affection."
- A comic depicting a weary Moshe trudging across the sea, as Jews nudge him: "Are we almost there?" and "All this water makes me need to use the bathroom."
- A "vishinantam livanecha" magnet.
- A magazine clipping I cut out years ago, that says: "What I really grew up with was all this emotional behavior that was supposed to free people, but instead enslaved them."
- That famous picture of the rebbe and the frierdikker rebbe taken in Parksdorf, Austria.
- A magnet that quotes the iroquois confederacy; "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." It holds up the aforementioned photo. Get it? Seventh generation?
- An NYC transit authority magnet with all the subway lines shown.
- A magnet that reads: "Laugh in the face of angst!"

Losers:

- Lots of my mom's freebie magnets from work, from the pharmaceutical vendors.
- A "south of the border" magnet, featuring the venerable Pedro. Sorry, dude.

What I want to know is, do other housewives re-arrange their fridge fodder? Or do I have too much time on my hands?


5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com