Thursday, August 10, 2006
All of us.


Look at this gorgeous woman and her baby. The caption said they are Lebanese, and the child was upset over rocket noise.

What first drew me to this picture was the baby - he reminded me of Zalman. Then I looked at the woman's face. Is she a beauty, or what? And then I looked at the "bigger" picture. Aren't I a woman with children? And I'm religious too, I also cover my hair. Okay, not with a hijab, but whatever.

I won't fall into any sappy liberalism, and proffer a mushy-gushy "peace on earth" sentiment. I believe there is evil in the world, and evil should be eradicated. But I'm devastated for the innocent people of Lebanon, for the innocent people of Israel. Because on a certain level, it's not "us and them."

It's all of us.


2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen sister, you said it, it's all of us!

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Buffy said…

    Poor baby...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com