Monday, August 28, 2006
Ode to a Hurricane.

SeƱor Ernesto,
Please don't blow our way.
Remember last year?
No power - 15 days!

Tropical Storm,
Please don't get stronger.
We've had our fill of rain
We can take it no longer!

Last year we had a dark house,
We cooked on a camping grill.
We had no air conditioner
And a broken window sill.

We're filling up our water jugs,
and buying extra gas.
We're stocking up on tuna,
And we hope the storm will pass.

G-d bless all our comrades,
Who live in trailer parks.
I hope you find safe haven,
Before Ernesto leaves his mark.

Lord knows I don't miss Brooklyn,
But these hurricanes I hate!
Yet that's the price that we must pay,
To live in the Sunshine State.


3 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maven:
    Loved your "Ode"! :) Didn't know you lived in Florida - I just assumed you were in Brooklyn, NY.
    May you and your family have peace in the storm.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am loving the newer, more positive version of this page! Hope Ernesto has the good sense to leave everyone in FL alone, esp with Rosh Hashana not that far away! :) Have a beautiful day.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maven -
    Blow me away with a feather!!!!!
    The thought that you lived anywhere other than NY never entered my mind.
    I love Odes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com