Friday, August 18, 2006
Recovery?

I think it's safe to say - Baruch Hashem - that I'm not sick anymore. I'm very tired, and very weak, but I think it's over.

I feel devastated though. I don't consider myself a wimp, not by any means. I think I have a high threshold for pain and discomfort. But this illness just knocked me out cold. I really feel traumatized from it, physically and spiritually.

The worst of it is that my Rivky is now laying on the couch with a fever. When I was sick, I just said to G-d, please spare Zalman. If someone has to be sick, let it be me. But now it's Rivky. And I can't rally around the Jewish-mother standard anymore. I can't say to G-d; take it from her and give it to me. Because honestly? I don't think I could go through that again.

All I can hope is that it's just a fever, that it will pass, and that the shabbos queen will heal her. Please Hashem - not Rivky too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com