Thursday, July 12, 2007
The things that jab us...

A long while ago, while smoothing the quilt on my bed, I got stuck by a pin. Pulling my hand back in pain, I proceeded to search for the culprit. Try as I might, I could not find it.

Last night, snuggled under my quilt, I got stuck again. I quickly reached down where I felt the poke. Aha! I felt a needle lodged inside the quilt! I tried to work it out with my fingers, but realized it was a scissor-job.

I left the quilt and went for scissors. Upon returning, I couldn't locate the pin again. I ran my hand over the area and finally found it. It was dark, and my baby was asleep in the room. Using a little book light, after many attempts, I removed the pin.

I can't help but think it a metaphor.


2 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, THAT'S where that pin went off to...

    sorry, Hon.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    A strong magnet would have helped locate it! (did you know my family is in the magnet biz?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com