Sunday, August 12, 2007
Moonlighting...

Yaakov is a "systems administrator," the techie label for the programming he does. He sometimes moonlights as a sound guy at simchas - weddings, bar mitzvas, yada yada.

So tonight I surprised him by popping in at a wedding he was doing. I couldn't find him, so I called his cell phone.

"Hi, where are you?"
"What do you mean, where am I? I'm at the wedding! Where are you?"
"I'm at the wedding, too!"
"You are? Where?"
"On the side of the orchestra, where are you?"
"On the other side!"

So we both peered across and started giggling like idiots. I made my way over and watched him fiddle around with the soundboard. A guy walked up and Yaakov introduced us. "This is the trumpet player, Yehuda." Yehuda grinned at me and said, "Your husband drives me crazy." "What a coincidence," I laughed. "He drives me crazy, too." He leaned in conspiratorially, "But I've learned how to deal with him." "Uh-huh," I nodded.

"Me too."


8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com