Sunday, August 12, 2007
Moonlighting...

Yaakov is a "systems administrator," the techie label for the programming he does. He sometimes moonlights as a sound guy at simchas - weddings, bar mitzvas, yada yada.

So tonight I surprised him by popping in at a wedding he was doing. I couldn't find him, so I called his cell phone.

"Hi, where are you?"
"What do you mean, where am I? I'm at the wedding! Where are you?"
"I'm at the wedding, too!"
"You are? Where?"
"On the side of the orchestra, where are you?"
"On the other side!"

So we both peered across and started giggling like idiots. I made my way over and watched him fiddle around with the soundboard. A guy walked up and Yaakov introduced us. "This is the trumpet player, Yehuda." Yehuda grinned at me and said, "Your husband drives me crazy." "What a coincidence," I laughed. "He drives me crazy, too." He leaned in conspiratorially, "But I've learned how to deal with him." "Uh-huh," I nodded.

"Me too."


3 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I just randomly came across your blog through links from others and I just wanted to say that I think it's great! You have a beautiful writing style, it's such a pleasure to read! Your family sounds so cute and fun. And your website itself is just so cute - I love the design and the colors! I'll keep reading if you keep writing!

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Ayelet Survivor said…

    You know, I really HATE it when married people kvetch about their spouses. You really have no idea how awful it is to be alone, and how freakin' lucky you are to have someone who loves you and whom you love. I realize you were joking with Yehuda, but I had to express this.

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Maven said…

    ayelet - well, i WAS going to say, "drive you crazy? MY husband? IMPOSSIBLE!" but that's simply not true.

    you're right, i've never been alone as you are. i can't even claim empathy. but i CAN admit to being blessed, and i'd like to work on being more grateful. thank you for (inadvertently) pointing that out.

    nonetheless, shalom bayis brings moshiach. it's not something to - chas v'shalom - engender feelings of bitterness. i give you a brocha that these feelings dissipate and that you find your zivug emes ASAP!

    (hug)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com