Friday, December 09, 2005
And the diagnosis is...

A mild concussion. She said the headaches would stop in a week or two, so we'll see.

I met this funny black lady in the waiting room. She had a lot of faith - and lupus. "I was in the hospital for kidney failure from the lupus, but I know the Lawd was watchin' over me. My kidneys started workin' by themselves, and I know nobody but the Lawd made them work again. Not the doctors, nobody but the Lawd." She talked about her arthritis, her pain, her exhaustion from the disease. "I know I be sufferin', but aint nobody suffered more than Lawd J., so I don't complain." I didn't know what to say. It was weird. I just nodded. Then I got called into the office, so I gave her a hug and wished her well. "You keep me in yaw prayers, ya hear?" "I will," I said. It was a delicious hug - the back rubbing kind. I'll da'aven for her tonight when I light shabbos candles.

I have a headache.


1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger shy_smiley said…

    glad you've been professionally diagnosed and that symptoms should clear soon. That must have been quite a tumble!

    A few years ago I was waiting in line to check out at WalMart (!), listening to the woman in front of me, who ended EVERY utterance with the words, "in sweet Jesus name." I couldn't help but smile when she came back and said, "I forgot my bag, in sweet Jesus name."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


My Photo Name: Fancy Schmancy Anxiety Maven
Location: Chutz l'aretz - Outside of Brooklyn

fancymaven at gmail dot com